Apr 6, 2015

Holy Monday

This lent has been the most difficult.  I have been extremely distracted, not wanting to dive into the full experience.  It has also been a hard Lent in terms of dealing with inward sins and weaknesses.  I feel like I have been dug up, and now it's time to replant.

At Lazurus Saturday services I saw that not every Lent will be the same, and that this Lent is not a failure...maybe something deeper is at work.  I am weak; emotionally and physically, and the hymns of the service made me realize that I cannot resurrect myself.  I need a Savior.  I am powerless, and this flesh will rot if it is left in the grave.

Lent is almost over, Pascha is drawing near...our Savior draws near. And I am the laborer who has come at the last hour.  May we all labor in the last hour.  Blessed Holy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to here from readers. Thank you for your comment!